BabyFetus Ticker

May 16, 2013

words again

disclaimer: typing one handed...


on may 8Th, Dave and i went bike riding. we have recently got into that, thanks to my dad for lending us two bikes to use whenever. well biking just isn't as easy as it use it be. balancing and driving in straight lines had been my focus as i was trying to regain my adolescent expertise on the sport. on Wednesday night, may 8th i fractured my left arm radial head by falling off my bike. boy did i feel like an idiot as i was just trying to make a u-turn on the sidewalk because Dave had gone the other way. i don't remember falling, and i don't remember putting out my arm to stop it but i guess i did as i am sitting here in a sling. i do remember lying on the sidewalk crying, maybe because i was shocked that i alone made myself fall and now lay for all to see as a mess on the sidewalk. i rode the rest of the way home one handed as i couldn't extend my left arm. a trip to the er that night confirmed my pain, now Dave could be more sympathetic as i have a track record of hypocondriact. well i am not casted i will be slinged for at least 4 weeks. so please excuse my absence again. as i get enough of one handed typing at work. my life just keeps getting more and more ridiculous...

8 comments:

Kath said...

Bikes scare me. I was just thinking today about trying mine again. But then last week we were hiking and I fell...what damage could I do on a bike?! glad you were validated with the fracture. I barely got bruises.
Bummer about the one-handed typing. Get well:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
chercard said...

hang in there girl! I love this quote by Sister Hinckley: “The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it. You either have to laugh or cry. I prefer to laugh. Crying gives me a headache.”

Karen said...


So sorry about your arm. I'm impressed that you were out riding. Get well quick. Love you tons!

d.jo said...

Way to go documenting the experience--even if you had to type it one handed. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.