BabyFetus Ticker

March 15, 2011

Who Knew...

Who knew this could happen when I invited the spirit to be with me today...
I was just checking in a patient the way I always do. But something different happened this time.

Me: Who's the policy holder on your insurance?
Patient: My husband Nephi.
Me: (Already knowing) How did he get his name?
Patient: He's Mormon.
Me: Are you guys active?
Patient: No. I'm not a member. His parents divorced. His Mom isn't anymore, but his Dad is.
Me: You guys should go to church. It's good to have religion in your life.
Patient: I know and we have kids.
Me: I teach the 3 and 4 years old at church and love it. The church has great programs for children.

And that was it. But I felt amazed at how receptive she was to what I said. I only hope someone continues fellowshiping that family...

3 comments:

Stephanie Evans said...

good for you mindi! That's more than I would have said... I need to open my mouth more. You planted a seed!

Cardalls said...

Awesome Mindi! Nephi was a sure giveaway! LOL

Kath said...

I know a "Brigham" (goes by "Brig") who is also trying to distance himself from the church. Hard to do...it's all in the name:)