BabyFetus Ticker

February 18, 2011

Just another post.

"Just Call Me Wendi"
NEW FRAMES+OLD DRESS I NEVER WEAR+ HAIR DONE DIFFERENT=NEW IDENTITY.
It's funny when you change your look. For me I thought it was just my new frames. But today at work I keep getting: I like your new hair cut, is it new? (yah like 10weeks ago) New dress? (like 4 yrs ago). I feel like I'm on one of those makeover shows. From the response of co-workers, I feel completely different. Even my voice sounds new apparently. I tried calling back to one of my doctors to tell him to pick up a line and I gave my name and he kept hearing Wendi. So for today I am Wendi.

What do you do in the dark? This is what we do... SCRABBLE! So Wednesday night I came home to a power outage in our apartment building. At least 238 people, us being one of them, were without power. David was trying to entertain himself with a flashlight and a book. I of course was loosing my mind to boredom. So we decided to play scrabble by flashlight. I was excited to have a distraction from the lack of tv and lights. I was concerned that my favorite tv show, Modern Family would be missed but we still had a few hours to go before that might happen. So scrabble was a great distraction. We had a lot of fun playing on an actual bored game. We usually play Scrabble on our iPhone, it's called Words with Friends but we both were loosing battery power on our phones. It's amazing the difference between playing together and playing it apart (by phones usually when working). And to our pleasent surprise after hours without power at 8:30 our power came back on. We got to watch our show. Needless to say this was a fairly commical night.

4 comments:

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

love your hair love your dress! and i love that you guys played scrabble in the dark! so romantic!

Cardalls said...

you go you gorgeous mama! :)

Power outages can be an adventure!

Adriana Benitez said...

Scrabble in the dark sounds so fun!! Who knows what we'd do during a power outage..

Mindi Blake said...

Thanks Jillyn! It was fun to play scrabble. We were glad though when the lights came back on :-)