BabyFetus Ticker

September 21, 2010

Home Projects

This past weekend, David decided to make frames for some odd size posters I had been collecting of France. We looked into custom framing them but found for two posters we were looking at $300. Eeek, David was so great to do this and he definitely has the skill because they turned out perfect!

Yes, he is using our kitchen table as a work bench, unfortunately not the best "wood working shop" but it's all we had. Hopefully someday Dave will have his own wood working place, with all the tools he could ever imagine...
Just how I pictured it would be...
It really completes our study. I love it!
This is a frame collage found in our bedroom. This past weekend I finally got the photos printed and put into the frames. It is so much better than having the random people that came with the frame hung up on our wall.
The frame collage is in the background but can you notice anything else that's new?
The frames on our dresser are finally with photos of David and I. Both images of our engagement photos and wedding photos. After almost four years we've finally printed them. Wow, and it's good to see them.
We are almost all done with our projects except for finding photos for six more frames and finishing the decor in our second bathroom. I might be looking into making a shower curtain. But might be enlisting the help of my Mother-In-Law to sew it.

Update on the Bug Situation.: We have written a letter demanding compensation, and tonight we have heard back. But before I share, I need to tell David about it first. I will keep you posted on this matter....
LOVE MINDI

5 comments:

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

whats new? i dont notice anything....does this mean im a bad friend?

Mindi Blake said...

you're not a bad friend! i was just talking about the frames on my dresser that finally have photos in them.

d.jo said...

It looks like it's straight out of a magazine! So gorgeous, Mindi! They're not even my photos & I wouldn't mind living in your house. : ) Hehe! Come do mine, now--we're seriously lacking in the decorating department. : )

chercard said...

wow..those frames David made are amazing! imagine what he could do with a real live wood working shop!

Kath said...

LOVE the home made frames best!! And...because I am the buggy aunt who happens to love words I must point out to you that your spell check has done you wrong...Collage is spelled collage...an art collection. whereas a colleague is someone you went to college with.
Love how your house reflects you..darling. Can't wait to hear about the letter outcome. do share!