BabyFetus Ticker

September 13, 2009

Puyallup Fair


Ever since I married Dave he's been talking about taking me to the fair. He sure surprised me this weekend. He took me on a date to the Puyallup Fair, which is 40 minutes south of us. The Puyallup Fair is the biggest fair in Washington and has been going on since 1920.

We went to the fair museum and saw on display old bumper cars, automobiles from that time period and lots of other neat items from the 1920s.

This vehicle was on loan by the Tacoma Automobile Museum. We think that will be an upcoming adventure.
If you zoom in on this list you won't believe the cost of things back then.

Besides the flash glaring at us, I like this photo a lot!

The butt of a Clydesdale. Impressive.

The fair schedule.
A 3D tour of the brain by Weird Al Yankovic, interesting... My eyes were watery the whole time, not sure the glasses were as good as the ones I used at Disneyland.



After we rode on the tornado ride, David said he felt pretty woozy. I was having fun spinning us around like the tea cups at Disneyland in addition to the ride picking us up to a higher elevation also spinning us. I didn't feel the way Dave felt...until later.

P.S. It also didn't help that we had just eaten at Pete's BBQ. We had a pull pork sand which with a side of curly fries and corn bread. It was delicious but a bad move on our part to choose to eat before the rides.
We rode on this wooden roller coaster. It was bumpy and while Dave was holding on with his Kong foo grip I was trying to tell him the whole time to stop elbowing me in the the side. He didn't budge an inch. I wasn't happy with him at the end.
A view of the park from the top of the Ferris Wheel. I enjoyed that ride a lot. We had a great day! Thanks Dave for the date.

1 comments:

M + L said...

Looks like tons of fun! I've always wanted to visit the Seattle area. It sounds great!