BabyFetus Ticker

May 15, 2011

Basketball Blakes




(above: David's team, "Indy Phunky Munkys" who came up with that name I have no idea I would have been ok with Benchwarmers or anything else...)


David signed up to play Pudget Sound Basketball every Wednesday nights for the next little while. His first game was on Wednesday, May 11th. It was very fun and exciting getting ready for this. We took a trip to downtown Seattle to NIKE TOWN and got all the essentials. A Nike Elite bag for ball, shoes, extra pair of basketball clothes, a cooler pocket for the Gatorade, even a laptop pocket. The possibilities for this bag are endless... We also purchased a blue and white undershirt (sorta like underarmour) and some Kobe Bryant blue shoes (Dave doesn't really care for Kobe but he had the style, color and type of shoe he was looking for). With this and some other "musts" he was ready for his first game.


Final Score, We WON!
#32 AKA David having a great game, passing the ball and defending.


Did he make it???


David and his friend Andy (from work) signed up together.


We had a great game and we played at the Boys and Girls Club in South Seattle, I was surprised at the facility it was extremely nice and felt brand new. As our game was wrapping up another team was preparing to play but ironically as we were turning over the court there was a power outage we got out of there just in time. I had a great time watching the game and taking over 55 photos, snacking on dark chocolate covered pomegranates and listening to some up beat music while cheering on my favorite player, #32! Can't wait for the next game.



On a side note: Dave and I had a great weekend! We broke out of our normal routine and on Saturday morning we put on our workout gear and got our outdoor basketball, because it was actually sunny and found a park with a basketball court and played for an hour. We had a lot of fun and wondered why we hadn't done this before. By the way I almost beat him in PIG.

5 comments:

Adriana Benitez said...

That's awesome! I wonder what chocolate covered pomegranates taste like...

Kath said...

Basically anything is good covered in dark chocolate! MMMmmm. I have had the choc covered pomegranate seeds and they are tasty. Kind of seedy and crunchyish but tasty nonetheless. Way to find a "do together sport" that's not always easy to do. Are you going to have to go back to NikeTown for the girly version? I am sure they have it all in pink...

Dyann said...

That sounds LOVELY. I'm glad you had a great afternoon with your honey.

Cardalls said...

that's fun that you two played Bball together! I like watching my Dave play bball too! :)

Mindi Blake said...

Adriana- Dark Chocolate Pomegranates are delicious! I also get Dark Chocolate Blueberries from Costco,yum!
Kath- I am in desperate need of pink work out gear ;-). A NikeTown trip is definetley in the future.
Cher- I absoultely loved playing ball with Dave, you should try it one on one with him sometime. Best thing I ever did. Plus you know those romantic moments in movies where the guy is trying to teach the gal a sport... believe it or not but after 4 years, I got tingels when he taught me how to place my hands on the bball.